mandyireadindie

Jeremy Camp, Phil Newman
When God Whispers Your Name
Max Lucado

What's Left of Me

What's Left of Me - Amanda Maxlyn Taking on chemo once again to battle the hell out of some cancer that just won't leave her alone, Aundrea is heading off to live with her sister and brother in law. While there she meets Parker. Someone that doesn't know her secret and treats her like any normal girl. And that is exactly the way she wants it. Because Aundrea knows that once Parker finds out, he won't stick around. They never do. But it was supposed to just be fun and flirty. What Aundrea didn't bargain for was falling in love.

I seriously was not expecting the emotion this book brought forth. I glanced at a couple of reviews before starting this book and saw a couple comments about tears and what not. Well, I am reading the book and loving what I am reading. But no tears. Maybe I am not human enough? The story is great, excellent even. But I am not feeling the tugging of my heart strings that will bring me to tears. Yet. Then I get to the very end. Yes, the very end that did me end. (Ha! Nice rhyme.) But yes, this ending was enough to choke the life out of me. Holy crap, so did not see it coming.

But all in all, I absolutely loved this story. I started it only expecting to get through a couple chapters before bed. And next thing I knew I was half way in and totally succumbed to this story's amazing storyline and fabulous characters. I didn't want out...I didn't want saving. I just wanted to lay peacefully in its world and never leave. I wanted the best for Aundrea and I wanted Parker to come in a save the day. I needed this to happen or I knew I was going to be bawling my eyes out at the end if I didn't get my way.

The characters are so unbelievably real. They are easy to love and easy to fall for. It was as if I had known them forever. I wanted Aundrea to beat this...I wanted Parker to be the man I knew he was when and if Aundrea confided in him. And the hell these two went through? Oh dear goodness! This author had to have had some sort of knowledge about the feelings, the emotions, the anger, the rage that goes along with dealing with cancer. How could she not? I was believing anything and everything out of their mouths as if I understood what they were feeling right along with them. It was just that powerful.

Is WHAT'S LEFT OF ME a must read? You better believe it. I hope anyone and everyone that reads New Adult is going to pick this bad boy up. I wholeheartedly give this book 5 amazing stars. It tore me up and shredded my insides. Especially that horrible yet glorious ending. Yes, most definitely a must read!