mandyireadindie

I Still Believe
Jeremy Camp, Phil Newman
When God Whispers Your Name
Max Lucado

Controlling the Dead (The Famished Trilogy)

Controlling the Dead - Annie Walls I actually rated this book 4.5 stars but when leaving reviews on sites such as Amazon, Goodreads, B&N..I always round up to the next full star.

Reese and Kan have made their way to NOLA in search of some answers. And the only person who can help them is Mago. Once they do find him, the answers they seek are not what they want to hear. This world they live in is messed up and it is only getting worse. And things will only get weirder for Kan. On top of all the crap she has been through this is definitely not a good thing.

AH!!! It is so good to be back hanging out with Kan and Rudy and Mac again. Only problem is Kan is absolutely losing it. And rightly so. But this girl is cracking and needs some serious help before it puts her right over the edge. Rudy has his own problems to handle, so he may not be the best person to help her out with hers. Mac is flighty and hard to pin down, so he may not be what she needs either. All I know is someone has got to step up and help this girl out before it is too late.

If you are looking for a slow pace book lacking emotion, zombies and suspense, it is best to move on then. There is always something going on in this book you will never find a dull moment. Absolutely amazing!! And even heartbreaking. My heart hurt so bad reading this one. This is one author who isn’t afraid to ruffle a few feathers and break some hearts. So prepare yourself now.

I will say that there wasn’t a whole lot of romance though. And that was kind of a bummer for me. Sure there is lots of flirting going on, but nothing that amounted to anything really. Well not until the very end pretty much. And I do understand why there wasn’t much romance, I mean, I wouldn’t be in a romantic mood either after all that Kan was put through in the first book. I was really hoping for something more to transpire between Rudy and Kan than what did. But, Walls knows what she is doing and I am going to trust that it will all work out. And when you read the book, at the end is a special passage from Rudy’s POV. And it totally made this book!

Love slice and dice zombie reads? Of course you do!! This is the book for you. If you have read the first book, you are most definitely are going to want to read this one. The ending of the first book had to have peaked your interest, am I right? So what are you waiting for? Get on this one. Like now!! NOW!