mandyireadindie

Jeremy Camp, Phil Newman
When God Whispers Your Name
Max Lucado

Four Seconds to Lose: A Novel

Four Seconds to Lose - K.A. Tucker First of all, let me start by saying that Kacey has nothing on baggage when it comes to Charlie. Then add Cain into the mix? Yeah, so much baggage they need their own conveyor belt at an airport baggage claim. Both Charlie and Cain are so tormented by their past it is crazy they are still walking around and living life. I had major feels for these two people. But I didn’t feel that way about Charlie at the start. Oh no. Let me explain…

When the book first started I was all against her. I didn’t like her lifestyle. I didn’t like her lies. I didn’t like her. At all. She worried constantly that Cain was going to be her ‘pimp’. When the whole time her stepdad is doing just that, but in a different way. So here I am just reading along thinking I don’t much care for her and then BAM! All of a sudden I am 80% into the story and it hits me. I do like this girl. I don’t want to see her get hurt. I don’t want to see her gone and away from Cain. I need these two together and happy. This girl needs to be with Cain. She is the first person in years that has been able to wake him up and breathe life into his broken soul. She needs Cain to make her feel some sense of worth in her fractured life. He is the only one who can. They need each other.

Tucker pulled another winner out of her butt with this one. (And I mean that in the best way possible.Truly I do.) I wasn’t sure I was going to like it with my dislike of Charlie in the beginning, but I truly did. It was fantastic, it was edgy, it was hot! It was an absolute winner in my opinion. Throwing in all my favorite parts of a great book (lots of romance, snarky humor, life and death suspense) I found it hard to put this book down. And when I did, I found myself wanting to pick it right back up again. It pulled at me and sought my attention. I am absolutely blown away by this series. Each one is uniquely different and so very endearing.

Old characters make some appearances, new characters prove they are worthy of their own story, and a kick ass storyline shows us that this book is most assuredly a must read. Now bring on Ben's story. I.Am.Ready!