mandyireadindie

Jeremy Camp, Phil Newman
When God Whispers Your Name
Max Lucado

The Watchers Trilogy: Awakening

Awakening - Karice Bolton After just finished reading a wonderful contemporary novel…I was happy to be back in the supernatural realms. There is something about fantasy that puts a smile on my face no matter the elements that are hiding in the story. Awakening to me was a history lesson of sorts giving us useful information about the past and setting a foundation for the series. It is also a precursor of things to come in the next book of the series, Legion. Awakening also gave me my much needed dose of romance. (I am a sucker for a good romance) Even though I am not hugely crazy about BAM-your-in-love from the get go…this book was different. Yes Ana is falling for Athen (<--cute name right?) but the whole relationship gets explained and you have an understanding as to why it is all happening so quickly. The author really makes it work!<br/>
I loved the characters and their relationship with one another. Finally, Ana is getting the family that she has always longed for. Cyril, Arie and Athen (yes the author picked out some awesome names for her characters) are everything that Ana has been wanting, needing. She falls into a comfortable rhythm with the group and life is bliss. Or is it? Soon things start happening and Ana is not sure what to believe anymore. People and beings from her nightmares are soon becoming real and showing up in her daily life. Everything in Ana’s world is turned upside down as she learns what her destiny is. Oh think I am gonna spill all the goods? Not on your life. Pick up Awakening and find out for yourself!