mandyireadindie

I Still Believe
Jeremy Camp, Phil Newman
When God Whispers Your Name
Max Lucado

Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2)

Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2) - Bonnie Erina Wheeler Wheeler created some awesome characters that each have their own story to tell. And in this story we get Braden and Liz’s story. We find out that Braden has been hiding a huge secret from his family and it was all for their safety. What he didn't plan on was bringing Liz into the mix. The last thing he would ever want to do is hurt her or put her in harm’s way. Liz just wants to find the cure for Lexie’s mother. But having to trust Braden to help get that cure is going to be hard for her. Liz doesn’t trust people easily, especially guys. And that trust is put to the test when they are brought to an enemy’s coven. Can Braden get Liz out of the Vampire’s nest and save his family? Will they get the cure that Lexie’s mom so desperately needs?

I cannot believe it has been a nearly a year and a half since I first read Fate Fixed. That is when I fell in love with the Vampire/ Damphyr/ Draugr world that Wheeler created. Yeah, these Vampires are not the Salvatore brothers we all know and love…these guys don’t sparkle in the sun…these Vampires are heartless beings that only want your blood and love to torture you for it. Well the Draugr live that way. The Damphyr, however, live on animal blood and try to stay under the radar so they don’t bring unwanted attention on their cover by humans.

What I loved, like in the first book, is that there is a secret POV added throughout the story. When Wheeler adds these POV’s, it really adds that extra level of suspense that I love in books. Like in Fate Fixed, where we had WOLF’s POV and we didn’t find out who he was until near the end, we get DEATH’s POV. Oh he is so sick and twisted. Trust me you are going to be guessing the whole time who you think it is. But did you guess right?? I actually did. But I promise it wasn’t easy figuring it out.

What I disliked about the book, keep in mind this is just my opinion, was the romance between Braden and Liz wasn’t quite as romantic and swoony as Torin and Lexie’s was. I swooned over them so much and then in this story it was just ok. It was almost as if it their romance was just expected. I don’t know, I guess it was just me. I liked them together; don’t get me wrong, I just wasn’t blown away by them.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a great paranormal with suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It’s nail biting!! Of course, if you read Fate Fixed then you already know you have to read Blood Twist. There is no getting around it. Wheeler is just that good.