mandyireadindie

Jeremy Camp, Phil Newman
When God Whispers Your Name
Max Lucado

Dangerous Depths

Dangerous Depths - Karen Amanda Hooper It had been some time since I first read TANGLED TIDES, but from the moment I cracked DANGEROUS DEPTHS open, it seemed as if hardly any time had passed. And I was once again reminded of my love for mermaids. This is the author that sparked that love in the first place.

Sacrifice plays another huge role in this story, just as it did in book one. This time it is Yara and Treygan offering up their help to Rownan as he goes in search of his wife who hasn't been seen in nearly 20 years. The probability of making out of this journey alive is low, but they do what they must in order to find Vienna. And let me tell you, this journey was more than I thought it would be. It was crazy and absolutely terrifying at times. But oh so worth the read.

Back in the first book I had no cares for Rownan, but in this one he slowly grew on me. I got to know him and little better and soon I was comfortable enough with him I found myself hoping and praying he makes it out of this whole mess alive and with Vienna by his side. I love when an author can make you do a 180 on a character that you had no likes for in the beginning. It was one of the things about this book that sets it apart from other sequels. I don’t think I have read too many sequels that had me doing an about-face when it comes to characters.

Absolutely loved this one..even the cringe worthy scenes the characters find themselves in. It was scary and intense almost the entire read. How could I not recommend this book? If you have read the first one, pick this one up ASAP! If you haven’t read TANGLED TIDES, what are you waiting for? Go. Read. Now!